Sunday, July 18, 2010












Twas the weekend of Pitchfork Music Festival and I was not in attendance. This may be a depressing post considering how I missed the collective genius' that were gathered on Sunday July 18, 2010 in the grand city of Chicago. The previous two days were pretty epic themselves with headliners like Pavement and LCD Soundsystem (I highly recommend listening to their new album, This Is Happening. I'll rave later), and so many more fantastic artists (Panda Bear, Modest Mouse, Free Energy, etc.).

Now, those that witnessed greatness, if you could squeeze out every miniscule detail that you could think of and regurgitate it back to me, that would be more than appreciated. I already had a couple phone calls throughout the weekend that were pleasantly bittersweet. Pleasant in the sense that these dear friends were kind enough to try and include me in their experience (i.e. calling me during Major Lazer's set or sending me pictures from the Beach House and St. Vincent shows), but bittersweet because I would have done ANYTHING to be there. In the end, I lived vicariously through Chase and Taylor (shoutout!), listening to mentioned artists pretending I was hearing it live.

Next year Pitchfork... you WILL be mine for the taking.
Until then, I bid you farewell.
If this year's lineup was outrageous, what wonders will show up in 2011?!

No comments:

Post a Comment